Some of our graduate students pursue theses involving cooperative research ventures with faculty members in other departments. Some recent multidisciplinary research endeavors have involved the following departments:
- The Climate Change Institute and the Department of Earth Sciences
- Large scale ice sheet flow and mathematical modeling
- Opportunities for field work in Antarctica
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- research on solar cell materials, surface acoustic waves, and lattice dynamics
Projects in areas of biophysics, physical oceanography, and physical chemistry are also available through cooperative arrangement with faculty members of the Departments of Biochemistry, Chemistry, Zoology, Civil Engineering, and the School of Marine Sciences.