Neil F. Comins
- 1972 B.S., Cornell University
- 1974 M.S., University of Maryland
- 1978 Ph.D., University College, Cardiff
Office: 314 Bennett Hall
Phone #: (207)581-1037
Sources of Misconceptions by Neil F. Comins from proceedings of Third International Seminar on Misconceptions and Educational Strategies in Science and Mathematics, held at Cornell University.
Authors’ Guild – Neil Comins with links to all of his books, a biography, and links to purchase through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.com.
- Science Education Research
- Galactic formation, structure, stability
- Evolution Stellar Stability
- Observational Astronomy (optical, radio)
- Computational Astrophysics
- General Relativity
- Favia, A. Comins, N.F., Thorpe, G.L. and Batuski, D.J. “A Direct Examination of College Student Misconceptions in Astronomy: A New Instrument.” J Rev Astron Educ Outreach, 1 (3), A-3. umaine.edu/physics/files/2015/09/Favia2015JRAEO.pdf
- Favia, A., Comins, N.F. and Thorpe, G.L. “A Direct Examination of College Student Misconceptions in Astronomy: Validity of the Astronomy Beliefs Inventory.” J Rev Astron Educ Outreach, 1(3) A-3. http://physics.umaine.edu/files/2015/09/Favia2014JRAEO-2.pdf